Sunday, September 17, 2017

Rubber ratty?

Like many people, I dislike rats.  They conjure up feelings of terror, filth, and the ignorant fear of something I, as a human "lady," do not understand and cannot relate to.


Now,  let's talk about something soothing, like a nice, relaxing bath.  Unless you're afraid of water or some sort of similar fuck-up, most people do enjoy an aromatic, calming bath.

It appears he is bathing, as we say in the rat bath business, 'rat-free.'



Of course, you'd never take a bath with a rat, would you?  Apparently, I would.  Last night, I dreamed I was in my parents old tub (the one I grew up bathing in) and I was bathing with a dead rat.  I was also making a video with instructions on how to bathe with a dead rat (you keep it by your feet, by the drain).  Or, I was making mental notes for the instructions because the purpose of this bath was to make sure my instructions were correct.  

How would anyone know how to bathe properly with a dead rat unless I told them?

I had finished either saying or mentally cataloging my instructions and started to drain the water.  I went to pick up the rat by its tail and it fucking came alive!  I was so terrified and then I woke up, still scared.

Luckily, the terror of the dream faded seconds after I woke up because I immediately started crying over a recent heartbreak.  So, I soon had the feeling of sad misery instead of rat-come-alive bath terror.  My first moments before waking were horrifying and then, once awake, my mind (ol' reliable) pulled up a sad memory so I could trade the terror for sorrow.  Thank you, brain, for all of this.  It's like a fucking Price is Right Showcase!

I suppose there could be baths more scary than a rat bath? 




No comments:

Post a Comment