Sunday, February 12, 2017

Associations

I am not really that close to retirement age.  I horrifically turned 40 last year against my will.  Now, I know this is marketing and they might not really know my age, just like when I get the online advertisements for senior dating sites.  
The free duffle bag is quite alluring.  I like how they think I'm retired but still recognize the weekends.  I like that they don't call it a hospital stay bag or out of town funeral trip bag.  

At any rate, I did turn 40, so I'm aging.  This stuff doesn't help.  Why doesn't Christian Mingle know I'm an atheist by the way?  



Then again, I did get these somewhat old lady-ish curtains at Big Lots recently.  They are the same ones the 'Where's the beef?' lady had in her kitchen. 

In other news, my local grocery is awesome and I got culantro and this German chocolate this weekend.  

In fact, when I was checking out, the people in front of me were buying chicken paws.  That is just what it sounds like and I have to admit, I do not think I'd try them.  Ever.  I just don't wanna eat claws and paws.  

I feel like I even have the grouchiness and mistrust of an old lady this weekend.  It's possible my hip is sore?  There's just so much aging going on and it feels so rapid.  Wasn't I just 16?  Weren't we all?

I suppose being content with one's lot in life includes accepting the ever-darker slide into each new decade of life, 40 being three hues darker than 30.  We can keep busy and alive and stay positive and enjoy.  Now I need a G.D. nap though.  

No I fucking didn't and I've had this for years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment