Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I'm so sorry, Dolly.

I had my first mammogram today (I'm fucking 40).  I bitch about my age, but, seriously, I am lucky to have access to preventive medical treatment.  Being 40 means my health insurance covers a yearly mammogram now.

It didn't even hurt and it wasn't uncomfortable at all.  I was more nervous about staying still.  I'm guessing the results are kosher as I have no reason to think otherwise.

Naturally, I wanted to come home, relax with some wine, and draw Dolly Parton.

I will not draw this pants suit. The 70s were a trying time for all of us, although for me, it was mostly eating, pooping, and learning.  Wait, not much has changed...




I was thinking how much I liked my large breasts and why not celebrate them by paying tribute, pen to paper, to the queen of boobs?  A good plan, one would think.  How could something as innocuous as wanting to draw Dolly bring me into the caverns of my mind's eye and force myself to confront the many things that might be wrong with me?

Dolly, I'm in a downward spiral since attempting to draw you.  It's not right, but it's okay.

This looks like the pig people on Twilight Zone.  I love you, Dolly. 

This one looks like Fred Armisen dressed as Dolly.





 
We'll  keep you company while you sleep.  You're never alone.  We're always waiting to pounce on you and give you pig surgery. We are working 9-5 to find you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment