Sunday, January 8, 2017

Salami in the tub

Girl, you'll be a woman soon. 

I am trying to do a painting in the style of Roy Lichtenstein.  If I was younger, I would've had to go to the library and look all of this up, but thanks to the internet and specifically Wikipedia, I know his name is pronounced with the last part sounding like the word price (STEIN sounds like price instead of sounding like clean).  







I also learned that this is called Ben-Day style after Benjamin Day who lived in the 1800s and then I lost interest.  I mean, didn't we all?

Back to Lichtenstein:



I like the colors in the Brad one.  


The Kiss V one I actually got to see in Seattle at their awesome art museum.  
I took this photo not realizing we weren't supposed to photograph the Lichtensteins at all.  

That was an amazing trip and when I saw the Jackson Pollock "Sea Change," it was the first time I ever got emotionally moved by a painting to the point where I started crying.  I felt a kinship to him.  


All I could think about was how lonely it must've been to throw gravel on a painting.  Not many people use gravel in paintings, or would think to, and when you're not like the many, sometimes, I suppose, it might be lonely.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment