Saturday, July 1, 2017

Lethargy: one woman's journey into July

Today is July 1, 2017 and I couldn't be less excited about the prospect of a new day or a new month.  📅

I attended a funeral the other day.  While we were driving in the procession, I was touched that people stood with their hats on their hearts and their heads bowed while we passed.  It's actions like that, simple, respectful gestures, that make me think humanity is not a lost cause.

Happy 4th of July everyone. 


I started my vacation at noon yesterday.  I have been super lazy and I've watched a bunch of documentaries.  Of course, now I'm watching Behind the Candelabra, the Liberace biopic.

I made Pad Thai yesterday and it was so-so.  I forgot to add the garlic and sugar.


It's edible, but could be better next time. 

One of the documentaries I watched was Anita.  What a courageous woman!  I kept thinking of all of the sexual harassment training I've had at various jobs.  If it wasn't for her testifying, things wouldn't be as they are now.  It's quite remarkable if you think about how she came forward to testify about Justice Thomas's character in regards to his nomination.  Because she did that, the law is now behind any woman or worker who is sexually harassed.  My friend cracked me up with the following comment:



1 comment:

  1. That text screenshot reminded me of a time my team and I worked really, really late. When one of my guys who had stayed late to help was leaving for the night, I was just so grateful he stayed to help get everything done, instead of saying just "thank you," by mistake I said, "Thank you, honey." I *immediately* realized what I'd said and apologized! Understanding the late night and exhausted minimal remaining brain capacity in me, he just laughed and said, "no problem, toots." To your point, without Anita, we might not know to be as cautiously respectful.

    ReplyDelete