Sunday, July 23, 2017

Stuffies and lost underwear: one woman's weekend (and she has a friend this time).

My friend and I went out to dinner and had stuffies.  Stuffie is a colloquial term for stuffed clams.  They were delicious.  I also loved the mini Tabasco bottle that came with it.

Take this clam and stuff it, I ain't working here no more. 

Today I was walking in a parking lot and my underwear, which felt too big all day, fell down.  It fell down my shorts, so it was clear to the middle-aged woman (who was watching me like I had Zenith written across my forehead) going into the store that my underwear was hanging out of my shorts.  I still had an errand to do, but felt a little embarrassed about my underwear oddly hanging out of my shorts.  

I should explain that the drawers were boy shorts, so it was as if shorts were hanging out of my shorts.  I took it off in the car and put it in the cup holder.  I had to throw it away.  My memory of that underwear is that it always felt too big and I don't understand why.  I didn't throw it in the parking lot because I'm better than that (my friend observed that a lot of people had littered in the parking lot and my first reaction was to join them and toss my shorts alongside the other litter).  I'm not litterbug, but when you decide to toss some drawers, you just cannot wait to unload them.  Pantload is a great word.      

I made this (Garfield) mushroom and spinach lasagna that turned out pretty decent.  I've made it before and it's even in a poem. 

 I think it's called friendship lasagna because a woman I worked with brought me some from her house when it was a bad snow storm and I didn't have lunch.  She was my friend, hence friendship lasagna. I do love Garfield.  



 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment