Saturday, January 6, 2018

The mouse in the house.

There was a mouse in my house.  It was small, gray, and fast.  It was adorable.   Yet, I couldn't live with it.  He was too fast and one of my coworkers warned me that they carry disease.

Because of a huge snow storm, we ended up working from home.  I set up on my couch (not that my VPN was working) and the mouse actually came up onto the couch with me.

You can actually see the mouse on the left under the mixer bowl.


A lot of my friends who know me assumed the mouse wanted to be my friend and to cuddle up.  I don't know why I had this irrational fear about the mouse.  I ended up catching him with a jar of peanut butter in a box.  As soon as he crawled in to eat the peanut butter, I closed the box, ran down the stairs, and threw the box into the yard.  The mouse, named Papa Gino because he found a chunk of pizza in the oven, scurried away.  Some friends have said he's likely dead and I am responsible for his killing.  Some say he might have lived.  One person said he'd find his way back in, but I think there's too much snow for that.

As terrified as I was of him, I have to admit I kind of miss him.

My niece made this on Christmas and it's the best dessert I've ever had: brownies with almond extract with two kinds of ice cream. 

Probably the best sauce I ever made and the worst dining experience I've ever had.

And Happy New Year!  The last couple of weeks of 2017 were kind of trying, however, I love the clean slate, fresh feeling of New Years.  My goal for 2018 is to find my strength again, enjoy being in the present, and to enjoy life.  I am also hoping to steer clear of douchebags.

Looking forward to 2018 and Fleetwood Mac will be touring.

No comments:

Post a Comment